Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Return of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I recently received a beautiful hard cover book that I had been looking forward to for some time.  The cover features Snow White and the six dwarfs. 

The back is where you will find Dopey running away terrified of the evil queen.  Read the back cover...

It all sounds interesting, doesn't it?  An eighth dwarf?  I can assure you that you aren't prepared for the craziness featured in these pages.

This is the English-language debut of Romano Scarpa's Snow White tales for Disney Comics written throughout the 30s and 40s.  It features the return of the Queen (named Grimhilde), new witches, a Three-Caballeros inspired character, and much more zany antics.  You get the sense that story continuity was not important.

I read the first of the four series right away, and it does not disappoint.  It is absolutely crazy and leaves you thinking, who approved this anyway?

All I can say is enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment